Re: Designer2K Install Problems

From: Lothar Dickhoff <dickhofl_at_ada.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 15:08:48 -0000

Hi Fred,

Fred Criscuolo schrieb in Nachricht <919992253.192854_at_news1.ucsd.edu>...
>Hi,
>I'm trying to install a trial copy of Designer/2000 2.1.1 with the object
>extensions onto my NT4.0 SP3. I opted to install the default seeded
repository
>which has an SID of D703. I've configured LISTENER.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA to
>handle this new instance and I can attach to it using SQL*PLUS or any of
the
>Enterprise Manager tools. Unfortunately when I fire up the Repository
>Administration Utility and attempt to connect with the service name I used
>for other successful connections I get:
> "ORA-12144 TNS:could not resolve service name".
>My server is R8.0.5. I only have one WinTel box to work with so I'm trying
>to run both the client and server portions of Designer/2K on the same box.
>I'm confused as to why a service would work for most applications and not
>the repository manager. Any suggestions on how I can resolve this
>communications problem wll be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks in advance.
>Fred

>P.S. I realize that the Oracle tools newsgroup might be more appropriate
for
>this problem. I just can't find it on this news server.
>
>--
>Fred Criscuolo
>fcriscuo_at_ucsd.edu

maybee, you have configured $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/listener.ora tnsnames.ora.
The Oracle 8.x Tools sometimes uses the files in $ORACLE_HOME/net80/admin/..

Its just a guess.

Regs. Lothar Received on Fri Feb 26 1999 - 09:08:48 CST