Re: Stopping and Starting instances from batch (NT)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 07:13:21 +0100

Hi Ken,

without looking at the actual code this may be difficult. Are you using oradim?? to accomplish the shutdown. If you shut both the instance and the service, this should work without problem. The other solution is calling svrmgr?? using a command line like svrmgr23 @shutdown.sql
However, in this case, the services will still be running, and files left open.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA