Partial Analyze bad?

From: Ken Rachynski <krachyn_at_cadvision.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 21:30:54 -0700

Good day,

I was trying to analyze the tables in my application the other day and had to stop the process with only half of the tables analyzed. Since then, nearly all operations that use a mixture of analyzed and non-analyzed tables slowed down considerably. I have removed all statistics on my tables and the performance seems to have improved.

Would I benefit much by having all the tables analyzed? Is it bad to have only some analyzed?

--
Ken Rachynski
Database Analyst