Designer2K Install Problems

From: Fred Criscuolo <fred_at_network.ucsd.edu>
Date: 26 Feb 1999 01:24:13 GMT

Hi,
I'm trying to install a trial copy of Designer/2000 2.1.1 with the object extensions onto my NT4.0 SP3. I opted to install the default seeded repository which has an SID of D703. I've configured LISTENER.ORA and TNSNAMES.ORA to handle this new instance and I can attach to it using SQL*PLUS or any of the Enterprise Manager tools. Unfortunately when I fire up the Repository Administration Utility and attempt to connect with the service name I used for other successful connections I get:

          "ORA-12144 TNS:could not resolve service name". My server is R8.0.5. I only have one WinTel box to work with so I'm trying to run both the client and server portions of Designer/2K on the same box. I'm confused as to why a service would work for most applications and not the repository manager. Any suggestions on how I can resolve this communications problem wll be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Fred

P.S. I realize that the Oracle tools newsgroup might be more appropriate for this problem. I just can't find it on this news server.

--
Fred Criscuolo
fcriscuo_at_ucsd.edu Received on Thu Feb 25 1999 - 19:24:13 CST