Re: database slow after upgrade. advice ?

From: Andrew Gilkes <andyg_at_kalamazoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 16:17:03 -0000

I would set the optimizer_mode back to rule until you have had the chance to review the tunning of your application using the cost based optimizer.

Our experience has been that switching over to the cost based optimizer required a lot of code to be retuned even the get back to the level of performance prior the switching optimization methods.