Re: OAS 4.0.7 on NT4 and Virtual Memory Errors

From: Super Kev <steve.bright_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:16:55 -0000

Can we try to keep this thread open until some one can get an answer from Oracle.

We recently installed OAS 4.0.7 ( previously ran OAS 3.xx with no problems )

The pl/sql cartridges kept crashing around our ears very frequently. After reading the log files it seemed that the major problem ( but I stress that this was not the only cause of failure ) was due to lack of virtual memory on the server.

I doubled the virtual mem on the server and the problem has lessened ( there are occasional crashed though !!! )

We are only in a dev environment with only three or four of us requesting via OAS.

The question to be raised then is just how much virtual memory will OAS 4 require when a high user system is in place ???

We are so worried now that at the minute our safest option is to return to using OAS 3 !!!

Any responses will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Steve Bright