Re: Inactive Dangling Connections When App Crashes.

From: <tim.mcconechy_at_runtime.dk>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:42:07 GMT

Further more to my orignal post.
ON windows NT the process never get killed. And killed process stay in the system as KILLED. This is due to NT's threading mechanism. Not like unix kill pid cmd..
It's not that simple...

However,
the utility
orakill
Does the job...

But I can't do it from the client, or application or automatically.

So I guess the DBA must kill user connections....

In article <36D3F32D.27B3E765_at_KirchGruppe.de>,   mh_at_goofy wrote:
> We used this parameter a year ago with OPS 7.3.3.5 and SQL*Net V2.3.3.
Sometimes