Oracle replication

From: <stas_at_terraspace.ru>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:46:50 GMT

Trying to make simple replication I followed the Server Replication Guide in Oracle 8.0 doc. And I faced with problem trying to create SNAPSHOT. I created database link at snapshot site:

CONNECT scott/tiger_at_snap;
CREATE DATABASE LINK den CONNECT TO scott IDENTIFIED BY tiger;

"den" - master site name made by Oracle Net8 easy config.
"snap" - snapshot site name made by Oracle Net8 easy config.

"par" - table on "den" site.

Then I made snapshot log at master site:

CONNECT system/manager_at_den;
CREATE SNAPSHOT LOG ON scott.par;

Then trying to create snapshot at snapshot site

CONNECT system/manager_at_snap;
CREATE SNAPSHOT scott.par AS SELECT * FROM scott.par_at_den;

got message:
ORA-02019: connection description for remote database not found

Any variations with names (scott.par_at_den.world) didn't furnish the desired result.
The variations with names in Oracle Net8 easy config and with database link names resulted in appearance of another message:

ORA-02085: database link DEN.WORLD connects to ORACLE.WORLD

May be I do something wrong with Net or ??? But connect scott/tiger_at_den passes correct.

Thanks in advance.
Stas.