Re: Automated running of script after startup How??

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 23:40:56 GMT

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:14:12 GMT, pgaur_at_cdotd.ernet.in wrote:

>Hello, ON WIN-NT, how should one can run a PL-SQL script, just after the DB
>is started. On Unix, this is possible, by modifying init files, but how to do

Init files? By modifying startup scripts yes, but by modifying init files - I'm not avare of any such posibility.

>it in Win-NT. Thanx a lot. Please send the answer to :
>pgaur_at_cdotd.ernet.in Thanx again Praveen Gaur

I'm not sure how this could be done on NT. But if you can wait until 8i comes out, it will be possible regardles of the underlying OS. 8i introduces a new triger type - system event triggers (after startup, before shutdown, etc).

HTH,
Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Wed Feb 24 1999 - 17:40:56 CST