Re: What Instance means ?

From: Dictionary <no_at_email.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:48:07 -0800

"Instance" means "Server" almost every time you see it.

The word "instance" came into use because of it's more precise meaning: a specific collection of processes acting like a single server. Hence a "Parallel Server" has more than one "instance", each instance acting independently, but cooperatively on more than one system.

Hope that helps,
Ryan :)