Re: reverse engineering an oracle schema

From: Marc Mazerolle <informaze_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:43:19 -0500

Foreign keys point not to tables but to primary keys.

To find out what table a foreign key points to, you got to travel

select fk.constraint_name || ' points to '|| pk.table_name from dba_constraints fk,

    dba_constraints pk
where fk.constraint_type = 'R'
and pk.constraint_name = fk.r_constraint_name and pk.owner = fk.r_owner

Regards,

Marc Mazerolle
InforMaze Technologies