Re: DB hangs after enabling db_block_lru_extended_statistics

From: Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 21:21:58 +0100

On Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:09:38 +0100, chuckh_at_safeplace.net wrote (in message <7b187q$qjq$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>):

> Last friday I tried to use db_block_lru_extended_statistics for the first
snip
> After about an hour the database hung. Oracle was using about 50% cpu
> steadily. I bounced the database and in a few hours it had happened again.
> I could log in with svrmgrl but not with sqlplus so this leads me to believe
> it was a lock or latch issue. I was unable to query anything to see what the
snip

This was on a production 7.3.4 database ? don't do that. I used to do the same on earlier versions. Oracle support does not recommend to use this on production databases any more. It's not clear what else you can use to make these estimations...
--

Ronald  -  Unix SA               http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/professional.html

        -  Oracle DBA            http://www.tresco.nl
        -  Middleware programmer/