How do you get rid of the ****** Oracle 8 client software ??

From: Matt Randle <matt_at_imat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:34:22 -0000

We have a massively annoying problem with Oracle client software. We need to use the Microsoft ODBC for Oracle driver which requires the 7.3 client software. However, since we have already installed the Oracle 8 client stuff it doesn't seem to recognise the 7.3 client when you install it. Can you,

  1. get rid of the Oracle 8 client software so we can install the 7.3 client again ?
  2. have both running together ?

Matt. Received on Wed Feb 24 1999 - 10:34:22 CST