Re: NT Performance Monitor

From: JEAN BENOIT MORLA <jbmorla_at_calva.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:23:59 GMT

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 11:37:48 -0600, Philippe Salort <psalort3_at_csc.com> wrote:

>After installing Oracle performance utility, I don't see any oracle
>counters in Performance Monitor.
>
>Any ideas ?

I am running ORACLE 7.3.2.2 on NT 4
I have the same problem.
I have checked with regedit :
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Oracle7\Performance

.
.
.

Hostname=2:ORCL
.
.

One first hint that you can get about this bug is:

a) Shut the ORCL instance down
b) Run perfmon
c) Click the + button

At that point perfmon tries connecting and write a line in : %ORACLE_HOME%\DBS\operf.log:
...UPI_ATTACH failure: error 9352 Hostname 2:ORCL

(Just to make sure restart ORCL and try c:> plus33 system/manager_at_2:ORCL: it works...

Another step forward was to check the sessions So I restarted ORCL, then perfmon, then clicked the + button I went into plus33 and check sid and program from v$session and perfmon is connected.
That means that the command:
lodctrl %ORACLE_HOME%\dbs\opctrnm.ini worked.

I checked sql_text in v$sqlarea and there are plenty of selects from v$sysstat probably issued by perfmon.

After that I check every line in every object and counters in "add to the graph" in perfmon but no way, no trace of oracle.

My hypothesis is that I run FRENCH nt 4 and there must be a glitch with the file names???

Another fact:
There is in ....\dbs a file called Oracle73.pmw When double_clicked it calls a perfmon session with 3 preloaded counters.
But no instance name or parent appear and the graph stay flat no matter how many times I update and rollback from scott.employee....

Help welcome

jbmorla_at_calva.net

How do they add a smart quote to their postings?? Received on Wed Feb 24 1999 - 09:23:59 CST