Re: Truncate Table Permissions

From: Hari Vattyam <hvattyam_at_one.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 07:23:54 -0500

Gary Perkins wrote:

> Howdy,
> I want to grant a user permission to truncate table(s) in another schema
> but do not want them to be able to drop the table(s), is this possible??
>
> Cheers
> Gary Perkins
> g_t_perkins_at_bigpond.com

As far as I know, there is no specific privilege to grant for truncate. In other words, only the owner of the table can truncate the table. What you can do is create a stored procedure in the same schema as the table which has the statement to truncate the table and grant execute privilege on the procedure to others.
Hope that helps.

Hari Vattyam
hvattyam_at_one.net Received on Wed Feb 24 1999 - 06:23:54 CST