Maximum Instances in a Unix Server

From: Jordi Ruana <ruana.j_at_ati.es>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:57:38 +0100

Hello everybody,

I'm a unexperienced and just started DBA

I'm changing our Unix infrastructure servers (Alphaserver 1000 and RS6000) in order to be able to run five Oracle instances in only a unix Server box. The instances aren't too big (maximum 30 GB the big one). The number of users is about 2-3 at max doing queries with Oracle Discover. There isn't OLTP.

The Question is: could be that I'm doing crazy things or perhaps somebody has any experience on this one?. Also I'm trying to size the right machine (Digital or HP)

Thanks in advance

Jordi Ruana Received on Wed Feb 24 1999 - 04:57:38 CST