Re: informix vs sybase vs oracle

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 23:28:55 -0500

Well, Oracle is the market leader, which means that there's plenty of software to run against it (although not all of it is great or well-designed). Oracle has features that some of the others don't have, and it looks like there will be some additional good stuff in store for release 8.1 ("Oracle8i").

I've personally never been particularly impressed with Sybase (no flames please, merely my opinion) nor MS SQLServer (wapos). Informix has some pretty impressive features, so that may be very well worth a comparison.

I would agree with the previous post, though. If you have any doubt, go with Oracle. At the very least, you'll be securing a healthy career!

Good luck,

--
David C. Sisk
The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site