DBMS_SQL array solution

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 23:22:55 +0000

Hi All,
Many of you may be aware that PLSQL array processing works differently than the PRO*C version insofar that the PLSQL array fetch populates the array (assuming batch size 100) 1-100 and then 101-200 and then 201-300. This is very bad news for large operations obviously.
Well, I contacted support and they said it was known about and had been an enhancement request since June 97, they recommended using PRO*C.
In reality, all you need to do is define_array() before each fetch, this resets, so that each fetch populates 1-100 in your array.
I have informed support, no response as yet... Steve
--
Please remove nospam from my address to Reply. Received on Tue Feb 23 1999 - 17:22:55 CST