Re: Oracle and NT SP4

From: <RSCinSC_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:24:42 GMT

I have had two different problems:
Oracle 8.0.3 Client (Installed on a Windows NT Server BDC): When I tried the Net8 Easy Config, I would get a Java.exe access violation error. This was strange because this error (Microsoft documented bug) was supposed to be fixed in Service pack 4! When I uninstalled SP4 and re-installed SP3, the problem went away.
Oracle 8.0.4 Client (Windows NT Workstation): When running Net8 Easy Config I could not test services. Again when I uninstalled SP4, and re-installed SP3, the problem went away.
I did not have time to troubleshoot/debug either problem. If you find something else out please e-mail me back (I also need to go to SP4 for Y2k). Thanks