Re: OFA Architecture with RAID

From: Christopher M. Day <christopher.day_at_rdbms.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:15:12 +0000

Steve,

I would disagree, you've just bundled the physical and logical performance metrics together - how would anyone be able to substantiate additional components in the disk subsystem ?

If you are forced to compromise on the disk subsystem physically, then you can help yourself by making the correct logical drive mappings.

Chris.
(It makes it a lot easier to diagnose random r/w and sequential r/w)