File needs media recovery - no can do!

From: Jack Jolly <jgjolly_at_ingr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 09:47:07 -0600

I have a database that's complaining that "file #3 needs media recovery." This datafile is the one and only datafile for the rollback segments tablespace that has 20 public rbs. Any way I can "disable" this tablespace/datafile so I can get the db going w/o doing the media recovery? I've tried "alter offline drop" on the datafile, but v$logfile still shows it with status "recover" rather than "offline", an then "alter open" won't work.

Ideas appreciated - JJ

                          Jack G. Jolly
                      Intergraph PDS Support
                jgjolly_at_ingr.com, (256) 730-3100