Re: Sizing Oracle server

From: jacob <bogers_at_kpn-telecom.nl>
Date: 23 Feb 1999 09:28:40 GMT

hire me and i will tell you.
(Personally 900 con users for an NT4 Server sounds a bit MUCH. I don't like to start an NT-UNIX war here. But you are talking to someone who knows NT4 well and i advice against it. I tried it once at RICOH ESPC (european warehouse and distribution centre) in AMSTERDAM HOLLAND.
For 30 users concurrently:
256MB inernal mem
2 P233Mhz processors
4 scsci (4 GB) + ultra white raid5 controller.

(NT4.0 crashed when we went up to 34 users concurrently). I shit you not!!

Maybe NT5 will be more scalable.

A Jensen <auj_at_storebrand.no> schreef in artikel <7asebd$egf$1_at_readme.online.no>...
> I hope someone can give me some clues, tips, resources on the topic of
> deciding hardware for a server that is to run NT4 Server and Oracle
8.0.5.
> Our database will have approx. 900 concurrent users. They will in average
do
> 3-4 transactions a second. How much memory will a connection require?
Which