Re: Same Column names in different tables?

From: Mike Rose <mmrose_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:12:31 GMT

It is standard practice to use the same name for a column in different tables. Using your examples, one would use the 'implied' or optional tablename with the column to qualify it when necessary such as:

CUSTOMER.CITY or CUSTOMER.ZIPCODE

Using names like CUSTOMER_CITY or CUSTOMER_ZIPCODE is not considered to be good practice.

Mike Rose

Other list members, your input(s) -- please ...