SQL Loader automation

From: John F. Keaveney <johnkeaveney_at_targusinfo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 15:57:43 -0800

We have an application which periodically sweeps text files into an Oracle database by executing SQL Loader. We have had some issues since, without parsing the log file, we don't know if SQL Loader succedded or failed. The presence of a bad file is not enough of an indicator. Will there be an API to SQL Loader? Has anyone found an elegant way to monitor the results of SQL Loader in an automated fashion?
We are hesitant in parsing the log file due to the reliance on the log file format and changes. We don't have a spec which says 'here is everything that can appear in a log file'.

    Thanks,

        John Received on Mon Feb 22 1999 - 17:57:43 CST