Re: Insert rows from text into Oracle table by "batch"

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_toneline.n-o-s-p-a-m.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 22:29:15 +0000

You've already found it. The replies you got tell you most of what you need to know, but study the Oracle Utilities manual and the Server Concepts to put it in a 'safer' context for you.

Btw, we use SQL*Loader to push 20,000,000 records per week into to our main database, so I think you can rest assurred that it's OK for the volumes you quote. Still, always check your logs and maybe add some 'post-load quality checking code' to your load suite.

Steve Phelan

(Oracle 7 & 8 OCP)