Re: transactions and stored procedures

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 21:40:57 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Kent Eilers <kent.eilers_at_pca.state.mn.us> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:58:57 -0600, you wrote:

>Can Oracle transactions span stored procedures? By this I mean having
>several stored procedures as part of one transaction.
>
>thanks.

yes.

unless one of the procedures explicitly commits or rollsback -- you can chain as many together for a transaction as you want...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries
Reston, VA USA

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Mon Feb 22 1999 - 15:40:57 CST