Trapping SQLPlus connect error in VMS DCL

From: D Morrow <morrowd_at_ci.portsmouth.va.us>
Date: 22 Feb 1999 20:27:06 GMT

I am not very familiar with VMS so I am learning as I go. I would like to stop execution of a VMS DCL command procedure if the attempt to connect to SQLPlus is unsuccessful. I have tried using the value of $STATUS, but it returns a 1 whether I successfully connect or if it fails to connect.

Can anyone give me any guidance on this subject?

Thanks in advance. Received on Mon Feb 22 1999 - 14:27:06 CST