need help for trigger

From: Venkat Mundrathi <vmundrathi_at_cartech.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:31:11 -0500

I am new to oracle(triggers). I am using personal oracle 8.0,

1)The purpose of trigger is when ever I insert a new row in the emp table(hope you know the description) with the same empno or ename it has to fire and give an error message to user that the row with empno or ename is already exist.
2) I created a new table U_OBJECTS( name varchar(40),type varchar(15),created date). I inserted the values from user_objects table.   Now i tried to create a trigger, it should fire such that when ever a new row is inserted in user_objects the table U_OBJECTS has to be updated( does this sounds ridiculous). when i was compiling thetrigger it is give me the following error

ORA 25001- CANNOT CREATE THIS TRIGGER TYPE ON VIEWS can you please comment on this.

thanks in advance Received on Mon Feb 22 1999 - 11:31:11 CST