Re: Anyway way to print while executing procedure ?

From: Afdeling ISA <isa_at_europeesche.nl>
Date: 22 Feb 1999 16:25:31 GMT

Hi

The DBMS_OUTPUT routines dont show results until the job has completed. To follow a job while its running you have to use other tricks. In our company we use a pipe (routines in package dbms_pipe) to sent data to a permanetly running server-process wich handles the messages (writing into a unix-log fle and inserting message rows in a message table). Every running batch job sends their messages (you can also use it as a "debugger"!) to that process.
The messaging in this way gives a directly visible result (visible by selecting on the message table or looking in the unix logfile). This construction has also the big advantage that it is independent from transactions in the batch jobs.

Hope this will help you any further

Willem Kuijk Received on Mon Feb 22 1999 - 10:25:31 CST