Re: Insert rows from text into Oracle table by "batch"

From: <eswar_oracle_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:08:05 GMT

Hello Griffin

I am refering to Sql loader log file. When you load the data using SQL Loader it genarates a log file.

When you use SQL Loader

Direct path : No need to commit. It will not keep in the redo instead writes to the disk. (As it writes direct to the disk it is faster and no need for commit)

Conventional Path. It writes to redo and automatically commits after 64 records loaded (You can increase or decrease this 64 records)

In conventioanl path loading as your users mentioned in case if it crashes during loading you have to recover the database.

Assume that there are 3000 records to load. SQL Loader loaded 1500 recods and system crashes. You were not sure that all the 1500 records were loaded. It depends when checkpoit forced and writes from redo to disk.

If U want to use SQL or strored procedure Just put Commit at the end.

So try Direct path loading.

If you want to know more about Direct path loading and conventional path loading you can verify Oracle 7.3 manual for SQL Loader (I think you can browse this in Oracle site)

Regards

Eswar