Import time taking so long <<<===============================================================

From: A Ustby <alu_at_dairynet.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 13:56:45 GMT

Another Oracle question/observation....

We have an instance (v7.3.3) that has 1000+ tables in it (purchased application). A couple of the tables have 1.5 million rows in them. One of these tables has 14 indexes on it. On the same box we run both production and test instances. We have the Oracle parameters (memory, sort area, etc) set lower for the test instance. When we load production instance, it takes 17 hours. When we load the same data into the test instance, it takes 41 hours. Both loads were done when the box was quiet.

We are using the Oracle import utility. It appears the excess time is in the index build phase. Could this be affected (that much !) by the Oracle sort parm size ? Any other insight ?

The thing takes so long, we haven't done too much experimenting.

Thanks.......... Art Received on Mon Feb 22 1999 - 07:56:45 CST