Re: Insert rows from text into Oracle table by "batch"

From: <eswar_oracle_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 07:57:58 GMT

Hi Griffin

This idea may not be nice may be you can try this.

you can use direct path load which will by pass writing it to Bind array

Other wise

Step 1. Create a Temp table similar to the Actual table

Step 2. Load the data into temp table.

Step 3. Verify the Log.

(If it crashes you can delete the data from temp table and reload it, I don't think it will take long time)

Step4. If evry thing is Ok then you can transfer the data two ways from temp table to actual table 1. Stored procedure, 2. In SQL plus issue Insert into Actualtable (Select * from temp table).

Regards

Eswar