Re: Anyway way to print while executing procedure ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 22:03:06 GMT

Within pl/sql use dbms_output.put or dbms_output.put_line. This procedures only accepts character strings so call it with dbms_output.put_line(counter);

Before you do that isssue
set serveroutput on size <any number>
in sqlplus

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

On Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:27:47 +0800, Jeremy <scijr_at_nus.edu.sg> wrote:

>Hi, I really hope someone can help
>
>I have created a procedure containing a cursor which updates a table
>containing about 7000 records. Due to the large number, upon executing
>the procedure in the script, I could not trace if the process is running
>or stopped.
>
>So is there a way where I can print a counter for example in SQL*PLUS so
>that I noe the procedure is executing smoothly. Thank you.

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sun Feb 21 1999 - 16:03:06 CST