Help: ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

From: Mike <oracle_at_qmick.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 19:51:23 GMT

I have installed Oracle 8.05 on my sun box and asked it to create the default database objects.

Now when I try and connect to start the DB through svrmgrl I get the following message:

ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist SVRMGR> Has anyone any idea what this means and how to fix it..?

Thanks

Mike Received on Sun Feb 21 1999 - 13:51:23 CST