Re: Starting Personal Oracle 8's Listener

From: Bob Withers <bwit_at_ticnet.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 10:29:07 -0600

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.server and a copy was sent to seh_at_carus.de if this address didn't require editing.]

In article <36D02498.41C6_at_carus.de>, seh_at_carus.de says...
> Rufus asked about "Personal Oracle". As far as I know, you can't use
> SQL*Net (and therefore start a listener) with Oracle Personal Edition.
> Am I wrong?
>
> Sigrid Ehrenreich
> seh_at_carus.de

You are wrong Sigrid. I believe some versions of PO that were evaluation copies downloadable from the web did not include the listener process, however, as far as I know, all CD-ROM based versions include a listner and support SQL*Net. They do however limit the number of connections.

Regards,
Bob

--

Bob Withers               Do or do not, there is no try
bwit_at_pobox.com                                  Yoda