Re: Reverse engineering data model

From: Uwe Schneider <pi_at_nospam.richard-schneider.de>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 15:59:08 +0100

Hi Jonathan,

Jonathan Tew wrote:

> I'm writing a program which needs to be able to reverse engineer a small
> portion of the database model. I've figured out how to query the tables
> from the all_objects view, the column names from all_tab_columns, but I
> can't figure out where to find the key information from. What
> table/view is this stored in?

I have written a small perl script for reverse engineering a schema's data dictionary. Doing this I had to query the following views:

all_tables
all_tab_columns
all_constraints
all_cons_columns
all_indexes
all_ind_columns
all_triggers

From those I get all information about tables, columns, constraints, indexes and triggers.

Uwe
--

Uwe Schneider       | Telefon +49 7251 / 82587
Karlsdorfer Str. 31 | Mail    pi_at_richard-schneider.de

Linux - OS al dente! Received on Sun Feb 21 1999 - 08:59:08 CST