Re: GRanting access to a Sequence

From: Kevin Bass <akil1_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 13:20:55 GMT

CORRECTION: I was attempting to grant select access to sequence called sq_expat_cmnt_no_o1 and not a sequenc called esq_cmnt_no_01 but has receive the following error:

 grant select to sq_expat_cmnt_no_01 to public

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00990: missing or invalid privilege

I have the following system privilege as a DBA:

GRANTEE                        GRANTED_ROLE                   ADM DEF
SYSTEM                         DBA                            YES YES

How can I get around this error and grant select access to this sequence if possbile)?