Re: WebServer install, orainst, Segmentation Fault

From: Ying-fen Hu <yhu_at_generalmicro.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 19:29:01 -0500

Jillian Astra England wrote:

> Could someone help me?
>
> I'm trying to install Oracle WebServer 2.1
> on a Solaris 2.5.1 SPARC system.
>
> I get an "Segmentation Fault" error
> every time with either "orainst" or "orainst /c"
> or "orainst /m"
>
> What is wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Jill - jill_at_eskimo.com

Call technical support. I think your installer program has a bug. Oracle might already has a patch on the internet that you can download.

I have encountered the same error message when I recently tried to install an Oracle 7.3.x (forgot the exact version number) on Solaris 2.6 SPARC system. I was told by the technical support that the installer (orainst) itself had a bug. I was able to get a patch to correct the problem.

Hope this helps.

Ying-fen Hu Received on Fri Feb 19 1999 - 18:29:01 CST