Simple or Advanced Replication???

From: Kevin J Barnes <kbarnes_at_airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 23:19:02 GMT

I have a client who needs to replicate data from one Oracle DB (data gather) to another Oracle DB (Data wharehouse).

The data will go once an hour from the Data collection db to the wharehouse and at then end of each week the data collection db will be purged.

Obviously inserts must go over, but also any updates or deletes during the week must replicate as well. The end of week purge will not go over, but we will just suspend master replication.

The question is, can we use Workgroup Server or do we need to use Enterprise Server to do this type of replication. No data will be deleted from the wharehouse. But we need the ability to update the warehouse with data from the collection DB if the link goes down, or the databases go down.

I am trying to find out the details on what is supported in each one, but I thought I would ask out here if anyone had already been through this issue.

TIA Kevin Received on Fri Feb 19 1999 - 17:19:02 CST