Re: Warehouse Stripe Size with Oracle8

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_toneline.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 21:17:24 +0000

Well, I've only tested on AIX, but the best performance overall came with 64K - which just happens to be the figure Oracle/IBM recommend. We run around 1TB of Oracle datawarehouses on raw disk, and always now use the 64K stripe size. Check with the Oracle docs for your platform for an appropriate figure and back it up with some testing.

Steve Phelan

(Oracle 7 & 8 OCP)