7.3.3 NT 4.0 Page faults = bad??

From: Silent Bob <bob_at_silent.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 13:11:38 GMT

On one of our servers oracle73.exe is generating about 900,000 page faults a day. It uses not more than about 60 meg of the 256 meg page file (and 128 mg ram)
Does anyone know what might be causeing these page faults (or even what the page faults reading in NT task manager./processes really means) And if this is bad or not...
Cheers,

There appears to be no performance problem.. but generating that many page faults a day (something that I just noticed yesterday (oops) ) is a little worrying. :-)

-<{SB}>-
--
'You know there's a million fine looking women in the  world, but they don't all bring you lasagne at work.  Most of them just cheat on you.'

    --Clerks Received on Fri Feb 19 1999 - 07:11:38 CST