Re: Inactive Dangling Connections When App Crashes.

From: Kenny Gump <kgump_at_mylanlabs.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 07:30:06 -0500

I can't remember the exact syntax, but there is a parameter you can set in the sqlnet.ora file on the server, something like 'sqlnet.expire_time', that will cause sqlnet to "ping" connections periodically to make sure they are still connected. If it finds a connection that is no longer valid it will kill it allowing pmon to clean up in the Oracle db. You can get more information in the sqlnet manual.

Kenny Gump
OCP 7.3 DBA