Re: Enterprise Manager: i/o, memory, locks?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 07:14:06 +0100

Hi Dan,
The answer of Oracle probably is: Yes, of course, if you buy the optional Oracle Enterprise Manager Performance Pack. So this doesn't come with the standard Oracle Enterprise Manager. I have seen Oracle offering it for 230 USD per seat. I have been capable of playing around with it on a site, and you really don't understand why people don't buy it.
NB: it also comes with additional events, capable of warning you proactively when your tablespaces are getting full etc.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA