Oracle and IIS

From: Shiva Nadarajah <shadaraj_at_cs.uah.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:22:47 -0600

Has anyone here ever tried to use IIS and Oracle to dish out ASP's ? I have Oracle 8 Enterprise installed on an NT wkstation and IIS installed on an NT server. I used Net 8 assistant to create a service on the NT Server and made a system dsn to use that service.

Here are the key points:
1) I used the Oracle ODBC test utility and tested the DSN on the NT server. It works fine.
2) I made an Access DB and put it on the NT server and made a DSN to point to it. The ASP was successfully able to access that database. 3) But, when I try to access the Oracle DB it crashes.

Any ideas on what I should do ?

Shiva Received on Thu Feb 18 1999 - 21:22:47 CST