Web Server Security - doesn't recognize my user/passwords

From: <quarking_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 05:13:09 GMT

HELP!   I'm pulling my hair out over the inconsistencies in OAS3! I've got plenty of unanswered questions (I'm surprised at just how atrocious Oracle's cust. support is!), but the thing that has me going insane lately is the security for my Java cart.

  I have checked the security scheme (Basic), the users, groups, and realms over and over - in fact, they are the same for my listener, which works fine; but the Authentication Server refuses to recognize my users and passwords when I try to access the cart. It actually worked ONCE, but it soon stopped working, and I have not been able to duplicate the working version again. There's not a lot to the setup, so I am beginning to have serious doubts about the stability of the server.

  I need one of those foam bats!

email responses appreciated!!
thanks!