Re: sqlnet and firewall

From: Mark A. Hepler <mhepler_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:58:58 -0600

Jim,
I've been experiencing the exact same symptoms as you have described. tnsping works, but when I try to connect via SQLPlus or ODBC I get an ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination. C. Day's reply to your message seems accurate. The server seems to be attempting to open another connection back to the client on another port. But I have not figured out how to restrict it to a single port that I can configure through the firewall. I'll let you know if I have any luck figuring this out. Would appriciate if you would do the same. Thanks, and good luck.

Mark Hepler