Re: Can't PL/SQL do the simple stuff that Transact-SQL can?

From: Jonathan Tew <jtew_at_bpsinfo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:42:24 -0500

Wow, thanks for posting a solution to the problem. That strikes we as really complex code though. I've been told that cursors are very inefficent things and should be used as little as possible. Under MS SQL Server often a cursor will blow up in a stored proc causing problems. Does Oracle have such problems with cursors and would this be a bad thing performance wise? I'm under the impression that the kinds of things that I'm trying to do are simple and common... why hasn't Oracle taken care of this problem with an exists() construct?

Thanks,
Jonathan Tew Received on Wed Feb 17 1999 - 21:42:24 CST