Unix Setuid to dba user to run system reports does not work

From: Sanjeev Parikh <sanj_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 02:24:15 -0000

Hi

I want to be able to setup a oracle user account that has dba privilage for the purpose of providing some system level reports to be run by users.

I was going to user setuid on the script file to that of the dba user so whenever anyone runs the script it takes the dba owners id. However it does not seem to work.

The script executes a system report. I'm planning to provide other functionality too.

Can anyone help?? I'm sure someone has done this before.

sanjeev parikh
sparik_at_acxiom.co.uk Received on Wed Feb 17 1999 - 20:24:15 CST