Sequence Caching

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 18:50:39 -0500

    In the init.ora file you can set a parameter for sequence caching. And for each sequence you can define a cache value. I was looking at a database today that had the init.ora value set to 100. When I added up all the cache values for the database's sequences I got a value of over 9000.

    My question is what actually gets cached? Since the limit is 100 does that go to taking care of the first sequences that happen to get called after an instance startup? What if one of the first sequences has a cache setting of 500?

Thanks,

Van Received on Wed Feb 17 1999 - 17:50:39 CST