SQLNet/TNS?? problem

From: <jklap_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:29:00 GMT

I've recently upgraded from 7.3.2 to 7.3.3, and am having a problem with tnslsnr. Simply, after a period of time (minutes), connecting to the database from a remote box using sqlplus hangs, and times out after a couple minutes with the nice generic TNS-12203 error. If I kill the listener, and start it fresh, I can connect fine. In fact, I've been able to connect multiple times from several remote boxes right in a row- but as soon as I wait a couple of minutes, and try again, sqlplus hangs. If I use the loopback on the db server (ie blah/blah_at_dbname) I can ALWAYS connect fine. I've compared the tnsnames.ora, listener.ora, sqlnet.ora, and initprod.ora between the previous 7.3.2 install, and the new 7.3.3, and didn't notice anything obvious.

This is Oracle 7.3.3, under Solaris 2.7 running on a Sun Enterprise 4500 (2 processors). No parallel server/parallel query.

Thanks ahead of time. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated